Thursday, September 8, 2011
Gardening with a 2 year old
We have come up with these steps for gardening with a young child to both get the work done and have fun doing it.
1. Loosen the soil. H loves this part. He gets a hand held rack and goes to town while we dig up the soil.
2. Dig a hole. (Who doesn't love doing something so concrete. )
5. Loosen up plant and place it in the hole.
7. Water to your heart's content.
8. Sweep away the excess dirt from rocks and surrounding walls. (H got a huge kick out of this step.) You can pick up a small dust pan and broom from almost any hardware store and it can serve as the outside brush. Provides hours of entertainment and beautifies your space. This is a win-win in my world.