Monday, August 24, 2009

A Day with Daddy

While H's school has been closed the past few weeks he and I have been spending lots of time together. It has been a such a blast to get to spend all day with him. But today, in order to let me get a chunk of work done at work, Jason stayed home with Hendrick. I think initially H was a little miffed as to why he was back on the bottle but he readjusted quickly.

I love watching Jay and H together. They get such a kick out of each other. Jason will make different noises and Hendrick will just giggle over and over. Every day when I come home from work I can't wait to get in the door and see how they are doing. The best days are when I come in and they are hanging out together and making each other laugh. Jason intentionally and Hendrick unintentionally. There is nothing quite like the uninhibited laugh of a baby. H just chortles out of sheer delight at the simplest things. It makes me smile and all that I was worried about just drifts away in that moment.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! You describe it so well, it makes me too feel at peace and happy. Hooray for your adorable family.

    ReplyDelete